Thursday 2 February 2012

Skincare Routine

Starting at the beginning of last year, I was using several random drugstore skincare products, and while it was keeping my combination-oily skin reasonably under control, it started to lose its effectiveness and I was beginning to break out more. Feeling quite frustrated I decided to splurge on Cliniques 3 Step System in an attempt to keep my skin clear, and for the past year or so, it has done just that.

I have combination-oily skin, so got the Oily Skin Formula Liquid Facial Soap, Clarifying Lotion in 3 and he Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. I got the gel moisturiser because I tried the lotion when i was younger and it felt so heavy that I felt it would clog my pores.

First, I use about one pump of the soap, it lathers really easily and I want to get a Clarisonic to try with. The lotion is then applied using a cotton wool pad and the moisturiser with my fingers.

The products last me about 5-6 months for the soap, 8 months for the lotion and about 4 for the moisturiser, so while they are quite expensive, they do last you a while, and I feel I was to splurge on one thing it would be skincare.

At worst, my skin now will now have one or two really small spots at a time, but more often than not my skin is clear. I can't recommend this line enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment