Saturday 5 May 2012

Review: Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser

I know its been a while since my last post, exams are coming up and its my birthday next week, revising and organising a 90s themed birthday party is taking up more time than I anticipated.

While I have been using my Clinique Moisturising Gel  for ages, it ran out recently and I find this in my bathroom cupboard. I was planning on using this for a few days until after the first day, I found it was working just as well, if not better than the Clinique.

A quick run down of the back of the bottle shows that it contains pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin E, glycerin and borage seed oil. I have tried several Simple products in the past and one thing that I like most about their products is that there are no colours or perfumes. I like their philosophy of not using any unnecessary or harsh chemicals on your skin, especially seeing as I have quite sensitive skin.



For one, it is more moisturising than the Clinique. I need literally the smallest amount (ss shown in the picture above) and it moisturises the whole of my face and it feels soft all day. You can't really see it in the picture, and honestly I didn't even notice until I took these pictures, that there is the slightest pearl finish to the lotion and I'm not really sure what this is meant to do to be honest. Another way it beats the Clinique moisturiser is the price, it costs £3.79 compared to £28. One thing, it doesn't sink into the skin as quick as the Clinique but at the same time it sinks in quickly compared to other drugstore moisturisers I've tried.

Now that I've tried this and fallen in love with it, I know for a fact I will repurchase it when it runs out. I seriously recommend this to anyone who feels like trying out a new moisturiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment