Wednesday 18 August 2010

Mini Haul

Hey everyone, sorry its been such a long time since I last uploaded anything but I'm back now with a small haul i got from Boots. I hadnt been to the Boots near me in ages and when i walked in today it was completely different - but in a good way. They have way more brands now (including Benefit and Lancome) and the store was set our completely differently.


Anyway, here is a quick picture of the products I got today:
 
I'll post some upclose pictures of the nail varnishes and the lipsticks in a bit but I'm just going to focus on the 3 ''big'' products to start off with.

First there are the Veet 40 wax strips. I have only ever shaved my legs once a few years ago and I honestly cant remember if it hurt or not but I'm going on holiday soon and i want to have smoothy smooth legs so I'm willing to risk it.

Second is the Umberto Giannini Indulgent beauty Moisture Mask. I'm excited to try this as although I rarely straighten my hair it still manages to never feel quite soft enough and I'm hoping this will achieve what past attempts have failed to do. (Btw if anyone has any intensive hair treatment recommendations I would love to hear about them).

And lastly is the Dove Summer Glow gradual self tanner. I have had mixed experiences in the past with self tanners; I used the Johnsons & Johnsons one and although it gave me a good healthy glow it did fade after a week and look patchy. (Again, any recommendations would be well appreciated :))


Now for the nail varnishes:





So on the left we have Mushroom by Barry M and on the right we have Steel Her Heart by Revlon. The foremost is a chocolatey-taupey-eversoslightly lavender (mushroom) colour and is very similar to Chanel's Particuleire. Once I took these pictures I immediately put this colour on and its becoming a new favourite.

Steel Her Heart is a beautiful grey-silver with silver and blue glitter in it. I cannot wait to put this on and am tempted to take off Mushroom from my nails and put this one on instead. I love Revlon nail enamels because they last for such a long time and I have never gotten one that hasnt been good quality.


And finally - the lipsticks;
 


I admit, I am not much of a lipstick wearing person even though I have a fair amount I just dont seem to wear them. Which is why I am setting myself the challenge of wearing a lipstick every day for the rest of this week.


Now back to the lipsticks in this photo. From L-R; Peach by Revlon, Retro by Rimmel London and Carnation by Revlon.

I'll start off talking about Retro. This is one of their 'Lasting Finish' lipsticks and gives an almost completely matte look to the lips. I applied it quickly earlier on and wore it for about an hour and it didnt feel drying at all, didnt make my lips look flaky and the vibrant red-orange-coral colour looks fantastic. I have been searching for a red that isnt blue-based and I think I've found it :) finally.

Onto Peach - this is pretty much a true peach colour although it is a little bit more terracotta in person that it is appearing in the picture.It has a pretty light sheen to it which doesnt look sparkly in the slightest (a big plus in my opinion) and is sheer enough for people wary of lipsticks like myself.

And finally Carnation by Revlon. This is my favourite out of the three if I'm honest. It is the easiest to wear and gives the lips a pretty, mid toned pink colour. Again as with Peach it has a slight shimmer and is definitley moisturising.


Omg that was such a long blog.. i hope it made up for me not posting anything in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment