Thursday 15 March 2012

Review: Avon's Ideal Flawless Foundation

Finally, the post I have been meaning to publish for the past week (blame uni visits and exam results...). This is the latest foundation to come from Avon and is marketed as being full-coverage yet invisible looking on the skin.
The one massive selling point of this foundation range is the wide range of shades, 16 in total, and has several shades suitable for darker skin tones.


First onto the packaging. The glass bottle is pretty heavy and the lid is made out of pretty solid plastic, making it feel quite expensive which is always a bonus.

Secondly the coverage and formula; the foundation itself is quite thick, although it does blend out pretty easily and I would say it is buildable and gives medium-full coverage. The colour is about a shade too dark for me and my incredibly pale skin, although give it a few months and it will be a perfect match. Also, it is a really good balance between yellow and pink tones, its pretty much perfectly neutral.


It leaves a dewy/satin finish on the skin which I really like, although on my combination/oily skin it only lasts about 5 hours with no primer or setting powder before it begins to slide off my face. It is also worth noting that it does dry a little darker as the product oxidises. It doesn't really cling to dry patches so its pretty suited to all skin types. Weirdly enough in my bathroom, the lighting picks up tiny little bits of shimmer although in natural light an all other lighting in my house this isn't the case...


Overall, I like this foundation although I dont think I would necessarily repurchase again (mainly because I have my eye on a few other foundations like, mainly Rimmel's Wake Me Up). Any recommendations for foundations suitable for pale, combination skin would be welcome :)

1 comment:

  1. Is this the foundation Alesha Dixon is advertising? I would be interested to see how you find it compared to Wake Me Up - the Avon was my second choice!

    katieneedsajob.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete