Monday 9 April 2012

Everyday Eye Makeup

I hope you're ready for a pretty long, picture heavy post :)

When I find a makeup look I like, I tend to stick to it for weeks until I decide to try out different products and end up using those for a few weeks and so on. This look is pretty natural, just some neutral eyeshadow, thin black liner and mascara - in fact its so boring I'm not sure why I am writing a post on it...


Here is a shot of all the products I used: Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer, Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P, Body Shop Eyeshadow in Marshmallow, Rimmel Glam Eyes Eyeshadow in 030 Smokey Quartz, Virgin, Naked and Darkhorse from the Naked Palette, Avon Glimmerstick Eyeliner in Blackest Black, Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner and FINALLY Avon Little Red Dress Mascara.

Here is a close up of some of the eyeshadows. I use the Benefit Cream Shadow as my base and its just a really pretty pearly, pinky champagne colour. I have been using this so much over the past month or two and I have managed to make a serious dent in it (- I'm thinking I might try out different colours so suggestions would be welcome). The pretty Body Shop eyeshadow came in one of their Shimmer Cube Palettes and is such a pretty shimmery rose-gold colour (which I am obsessed with lately). The Rimmel eyeshadow isn't anything remarkable, just your average mid-toned shimmery brown.

Now I had to include a close up of the mascara brush. I used to use Avons SuperShock Mascara about a year ago and when I ran out of my Clinique High Impact (best mascara ever!) I decided to try something new just to see whats out there. This is a really weird brush, the bristles are practically non-existent but it means you can get really close to the lash roots and grabs the corner lashes. The end result is it gives you pretty long and seperated eyelashes although its lacking on the volume front but for me thats fine for everyday use.



And thats it! For something that I consider to be such a simple routine, I'm thinking maybe 9 products just for my eyes might be overkill?

Also quick note, I left ALL my nail polish at my friends house last tuesday and haven't been able to get them yet and I swear this shouldn't be such a big deal but I have been missing painting my nail polish so much, even though I have managed to keep my amazing patterned nail polish on since last tuesday with almost no chips (seriously considering my kind of 'meh' opinion on Sally Hensen Mega Shine Topcoat). Can't wait to paint my nails tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you use 9 products every day!! Looks lovely though :) look forward to seeing your nail looks!
    katieneedsajob.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by sweetie! Please check my amazing GIVEAWAY, you can win a beautiful leather clutch:)
    P.S. I just followed back!:X

    ReplyDelete