Saturday 21 April 2012

Hair Care Routine

Sorry for my lack of posting. Been pretty busy this week with going back to school and all and somehow blogging slipped to the back of my mind.

As promised I have a post completely non-nail polish related for you. Now if you told me 2 years ago that I would be using products specifically designed for dry hair I wouldn't have believed you. I used to have really long, incredibly thick and curly hair (cue very embarassing picture below) that while sometimes got curly, was never dry and used to be prone to oiliness.

 And this is what my hair now looks like. As you can see its a lot thinner and has magically turned straight with a slight wave. Now I honestly have no idea how this happened, but I think it might be a combination of heat damage and a change in my hormones which have caused it. It is also pretty dry now, especially at the ends. I have had to keep it short to stop it looking straggly although I intend on growing it long when it starts to get thicker and healthier again.

 

Now that the ramble is over, here are the products I am using currently.


First up is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner. It has coconut and hawaiin orchids and smells unbelievably nice. These are my second bottles, I love how well the shampoo lathers up and cleans very thoroughly without stripping it. While I do love these, I am considering investigating in some Percy and Reed, or maybe Ojon or Kerastase (recommendations are gladly welcomed).


I got this as a sample in a Glamour magazine and LOVE it. It has blueberry extract, grape seed oil, sweet almond oil and alo vera gel. It moisturises really well and I literally need about a 50p sized blob for my hair. The only downside is the smell, while not bad it doesn't smell as good as the Herbal Essences. Strongly considering buying this in full size.


Lastly is the Tresemme Argan Oil Glossing Spray. This doesn't moisturise at all really, although it does a good job at smoothing down fly aways and giving it a glossy shine without weighing it down at all. I spray two pumps onto my hand and then work it into my hair, ends first and then working my way up. 

And thats it. To be honest I will probably have a an updated one up in a few months or so.

Next post will of course be about nail polish.. what can I say - I'm an addict :).

No comments:

Post a Comment