Monday 23 January 2012

Nail Polish Collection: Pinks and Purples

Now is time for another post on my nail polish collection. Now is time for my pink and purples. One thing that quickly came apparent to me is that with so many nail polishes in my possession, I own no mid-toned purple ones so that might have to be next on my list (not that I need any more polishes but.. ya know).

First is Barry M's Strawberry Icecream, OPI's Privacy Please, Nails Inc's Elizabeth Street and Revlon's Lilac Pastelle. Favourite of these is probably Lilac Pastelle because it is the only one that is opaque in two coats. Nails Inc was recieved as a freebie from Glamour magazine I believe. OPI has the worst coverage of the bunch, about 4 coats and it will be opaque which takes AGES, but is worth it once all the layers have dried (can also be used as one coat if your nails are yellow to make then look more normal and healthy). The wear is best on the Revlon and Barry M.


On the left is Barry M's Peach Melba and I LOVE this. It has such a good formulation that it is almost (almost!) full coverage in one coat and lasts days without chipping. It is a really pretty peach colour and is one of my favourite colours to wear in spring/summer. On the right is 17's Pink Lemonade which is a peachy pink and the formula is good enough to be a 2 coater.


Ok, obviously I am drawn to all the Barry M pastel shades, this one is Berry Icecream and on the right is Avon's Luxe Lavender. Both are lilac colours but the berry icecream is more vivid, and slightly more pink in tone. Both are 2 coaters and the wear is really good.


Now, the Avon Viva Pink and the Models Own Pink Blush polishes are pretty much exact dupes of each other (although Viva Pink looks a bit darker in the photo, in real life they are identical). Revlon's Plum Seduction is a slightly plummy pink. All the polishes last pretty well, maybe the Avon one lasts a day longer (I've gotten 4 days wear out of it which might not sound much but it is really impressive for me).

The colour on the left is buzz by Barry M and this was a give away in a newspaper which my grandma kindly gave to me. This polish is a miss for me though, the formula is horrible but the worst thing is the smell. This smells so strong, and a bit like fish, which is really not nice, its annoying though because I don't own any raspberry colours. However, Revlon's Cherries In The Snow is one of my all time favourite polishes. It is a scarlet/pink colour and there was a time when this was the only colour I would wear on my toes. It wears pretty well, about 3 days before chips start to appear.

These two colours have pretty much the same end result - they are so dark they look black with only the tiniest hint of being a very very dark purple. They are Avons Plum Night and GOSH's Deep Purple. The Avon is only very slightly darker.


And thats it for the second installment of my nail polish collection. More posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment