Thursday 19 January 2012

Pastel Nails

This was inspired by Marc Jacobs spring/summer collection for Louis Vuitton. I absolutley adored all the pastel colours, the carousel used in the runway show and the ads featuring two models in an ice cream store.
So when it came time for me to paint my nails (a full 48 hours since painting my nails previously) I took inspiration from his collection and painted my nails a variety of pastel shades.
I used mainly Barry M colours, but on my thumbs layered Mint Green under Rimmel's Peppermint to make the colour lighter. It does look quite similar to the pastel blue on my middle finer but its more distinguishable in real life.

(sorry the picture quality isnt that great - the pictures were taken at night and the lighting made the colours appear brighter than they actually are) (I used 2 coats of each colour over Essies First Base base coat) (also sorry for the fact that I havent tidied round the cuticle. I stupidly took pictures before doing that)



Colours from L-R: Barry M Mint Green, Rimmel Peppermint, (the rest are all Barry M) Berry Ice Cream, Blue Moon, Strawberry Ice Cream and Lemon Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment