Thursday 26 January 2012

Review: Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

I will be the first to admit that I am a die hard carmex fan, if I'm honest its the only thing that has ever really helped improve the texture of my lips and instantly made them not flaky (sorry Vaseline, Nivea and Softlips, I persevered, promise). Until I discovered this product. Honestly this is uh-mazing.

Its Burt's Bees Lip Balm. I bought this when I popped into Waitrose and as usual got sidetracked from buying milk. I saw this next to the carmex in the skincare section and got suckered in by the cute packaging.


Aside from the packaging, this is actually a really good product. It is a pretty solid white balm and takes a while to melt. When I first tried to use it I was dissapointed because it was so hard and was difficult to get any product on my lips but fortunatley the balm warmed up and went on pretty easily. What I particularly like about this, aside from it being very moisturising, is that it leaves a matte effect on the lips which is the only downfall (in my opinion) of Carmex. It does cost slightly more, for 8.5g it cost £3 compared to 10g for £2.50 for Carmex but the matte effect it leaves tilts it to me. Also worth mentioning is that it has a slight minty taste and smell which leaves your lips tingling slightly and I've noticed a slight plumping effect.


Overall, I honestly absolutley 100% recommend this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment